Friday, July 01, 2005

Some disjointed thoughts:

I think someday I would like to go to the Berlin Love Parade, if it ever gets started up again.

I didn't really like The Aviator but I did like Cate Blanchett's portrayal of Katherine Hepburn.

In fact, I like Cate Blanchett in general. (Ahem, Galadriel.)

I'm going to help teach ninth graders World History next year. I've never really felt like teaching is something I want to do as a career, but that said, I do seem to spend a lot of time teaching/tutoring/playing with kids. I don't know.

I think I'd like to lose my virginity to Radiohead. It disturbs me vaguely that I would think this.

I want to get my hands on The Whole Earth Catalog (after hearing Steve Jobs' Stanford commencement address--"Stay hungry. Stay foolish." Yes!)

My sister teases me because I actually become distraught when bad things happen to Harry Potter in the books ("Why is everyone so mean to him? They don't understand anything about him!")

I can't decide whether everyone is like me or nobody is like me. Probably nobody; I don't know if I'm happy about that or not. (Guess I'm an indecisive gal, eh?)

That said, there's probably nothing more exciting than finding like minds. I've found a few, not many, but a few.

Cemetaries.

Is it possible to feel nostalgic for times you weren't alive in, or miss someone you've never met?

I don't want to go to college, I just want to go out into the world. I'm not sure what this means for my future.

I painted again today, over an old painting. It's funny, I never need to buy new canvases, because I just paint over old paintings when I run out. It's cathartic.

People with catatonic schizophrenia sometimes freeze in a strange and impossible position, like a statue, for hours. It is a scary and beautiful thing--it seems magical.

I got Oki's zine today, and the best word to describe it is YES. It's hilarious and beautiful and completely bizarre and fun and fantastic. It's the best. She's the best.

The end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous o-k-i from korea said...

very very glad you like it !

10:22 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

So exciting to hear from you! You did not die on the plane! Was the airport up to par? Are you settled in Korea now? Give me your address and, unless it would bother your family or whoever you're staying with, I'll mail you a letter!

And yes, the zine is just great--in my opinion, even better than Dear Mystery Crash!#1 (which I didn't think was possible). I was showing it off to my sister and everything.

When I was reading it, I thought of a great idea for your next issue (thinking ahead, I know): a paper doll! It could be cut-out and really zany...maybe it could even be an Oki doll, though it wouldn't need to be.

Eh, just wanted to tell you before I forgot. Have an amazing time, you globe-trotter you!

Love Tess

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home