Friday, July 15, 2005

Harry Potter and Howl's Moving Castle: O how I love my wizards!

So, fewer than 24 hours till Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is released! The first two chapters have leaked onto the internet and they...are...within...clicking...distance... BUT I'm using all the self-restraint I never knew I had to try to not read them until I've got the book solidly in my hands. But oh, it's so hard. It's very, very hard...



All other news is really secondary to that, but... Well, I finally turned my brother on to Bob Dylan, which is great for me, because I can listen without him drowning out my music, but better for him, because he gets to discover Dylan! I was listening to Blood on the Tracks today and it was just heaven.

Also, today a friend and I went into Boston to see Howl's Moving Castle, which (though based on a book by Diana Wynne Jones) was drawn and dreamed up and directed by the genius Hayao Miyazaki. It wasn't Spirited Away, but it was pretty amazing in its own right. (I mean, it's unfair really to compare anything with Spirited Away, which was just--well, beyond comparison. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.) Regardless, Howl was magical and the art was breathtaking--like photographs but a hundred times more vibrant, and unreal. And you know that I'm not much of a fan of reality :) Despite the string of bad movies I've had the misfortune of seeing recently, I loved Howl. I hope this is breaking the trend!



Okay, off to bed for me. I typed up a quick to-do list for tomorrow--I wonder how productive that's gonna be...

4 Comments:

Anonymous erin said...

I know what you mean! I accidentally read that back cover (at the time I thought it was just art, not writing too) and got so mad at myself.

Aw, I love Spirited Away! Haven't seen it in forever though...

Happy Harry Potter!

10:44 AM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Happy Harry Potter to you too!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous oki said...

gosh
i want to see Howl's Moving Castle!
(oh, and read HP too)

i've realized all those movies and literature about the idea of a land beyond this world extremely appeal to me (i.e. HP, Spirited Away, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Oz series, etc)

probably, there is some reasons why that have to do with me, but also i suppose it's a universally appealing theme, we like to be transported

10:30 PM  
Blogger Oh Ohio House Cleaning said...

Inspiring blog. I love finding blogs this good on
the internet, when I have the time. I'm going to go
back to it!
I was in love with your ks kansas house cleaning blog site.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home