Thursday, June 16, 2005

Quotes I have uttered in the past week that have earned me strange looks

Perhaps people didn't catch the references? Get them right and you win a prize!
  1. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." [before dueling]
  2. "Curiouser and curiouser..."
  3. "The horror! The horror!"
  4. "To define is to limit." [when asked to define a word in English class--well, I thought it was clever]
  5. "It was the sound of destruction and she liked it."
  6. "Just Katie?! Well if Katie is just Katie, then I suppose a lion is just a lion, and a god just a god." [except I replaced another name with Katie, obviously]
  7. "Meat is murder."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can get a few.

1. The Princess Bride
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. Apocalypse Now
4. The Picture of Dorian Gray
5. ?
6. American Gods? A guess, obviously.
7. The Smiths

9:32 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Wow, you're good! Here they are:

1. The Princess Bride
2. Alice in Wonderland
3. Heart of Darkness (but Apocalypse Now is based on HoD, so I guess you get half-credit there--I've never seen it, I assume it has the same line?)
4. Dorian Gray (YES! I'm so glad you got that)
5. The Fountainhead
6. Wizard People Dear Reader (Looong story, I didn't expect anyone to get that one, but I'll explain later. Good guess though!)
7. Smiths, yup

Good going, my friend.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home