Thursday, May 19, 2005

Soup blurbs and etc.

Today I was wearing these dangling earrings
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
and I was suddenly struck with the irrational fear that someone was going to yank them out. It would be so easy to do and it would tear my earlobe in half! See, now I’m getting distraught about it again. Eugh. I may have to go back to post earrings for a while…

Quote of the day (heads up, history buffs): “Guess how many times I’ve accidentally typed ‘Ear of Good Feelings.’ Just. Guess.” Heh, ear of good feelings. I’m still giggling over that.

Speaking of giggling, I read a delightful list over at McSweeney’s yesterday, entitled Soup Blurbs. I won’t even try to explain, but here’s a link and here are some of my favorites:
"This year's breakout soup."

"It leaves its eaters a little fuller and, somehow, a little wiser."

"For a young soup, it has an eerie maturity. When I ate it, I felt like the soup was courting me."

"The kind of soup that makes you laugh, and then weep into the bowl when it's done. At times you'll be doing both, which, come to think of it, is kind of the point."

"I don't know how else to say it. This soup was born to be a soup."
Hee. I really love anything or anyone that makes me laugh. Of course, it’s fairly easy to make me laugh (especially when I’m tired, or nervous, or in a cheery mood, and etc.), but nevertheless… That’s probably why I like everyone, because I bet everyone’s made me laugh at some point. I’m not sure if it’s a sign of weak character that I like pretty much everyone I meet. I mean, there are some people with whom I would rather not spend an extended period of time, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like them. In fact, I only ever really forcefully dislike people who are mean. They are few, actually, because a lot of people are tactless or thoughtless but few are mean in a calculated way.

I don’t hate anybody, but I sort of which I had an arch-nemesis.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jay said...

It is not a sign of weak character if you do not dislike people. IMHO it is a sign that you are a warm and gentle, postive person. In the way that you like to see only the positive in people.

It is an adorable attribute I often wish I would have it.

Why do you want to have an arch-nemesis ? Life would be quite complicated with one.

6:57 PM  
Anonymous oki said...

I think life would be quite uncomplicated if you had an arch nemesis- you could concentrate your efforts on bringing about their ultimate demise...

its safe to say that I dislike people...even if they like me. Which is quite mean, but sometimes it can't be helped

11:03 AM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Thanks Jay, aw shucks. And Oki: yes arch-nemeses are the best.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Go and click my al alabama house cleaning blog.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home