Wednesday, May 04, 2005

"Let all that you do be done in love"

Today I spent a few hours writing a five-page paper on "Subverting Hatred in Judaism"--it really deteriorated at the end, especially in the last paragraph where I wanted to use up all my great remaindering quotes, so it reads like a Zagat guide. Well, it's a rough draft so it's fine. (Also, I stuck in a Salman Rushdie quote about love from The Satanic Verses: "Not only the need to be believed in, but believe in another. You got it: Love." And the last sentence in the paper is "Indeed." I really need to do some editing.)

Here's a nice quote about from the Bible that I used in the paper: "Let all that you do be done in love" (1 Corinthians 16:14).

Yeah, I know, I love love.

Here's one of my favorite quotes from Judaism, from Hillel the Elder:
"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor:
that is the entire Torah;
the rest is commentary;
go and learn it."
I like this too, I don't know why:
"I never could forget you.
See, I have engraved you
on the palms of my hands..."
Anyway, religion religion. I don't know what I believe anymore. I believe in love.

2 Comments:

Anonymous oki said...

that is one of favorite quotes from The Satanic Verses

1:23 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Mine too

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home