Thursday, May 26, 2005

I was going to title this post "What a girl wants" but I thought it would be too lame

So my dad just walked into the room and said, "Hey T.C., I seem to remember that SAT scores should be coming back around now. Have you checked yours?"

I said nonchalantly: "Oh that...yeah, I got a 2400."

Rock.

- - - - -

I was thinking today that I'm wasting my time around here. I want to just get up and go. Go do something, help someone, create something. I feel stifled. (But maybe that's juts because it's been raining torrentially for the past week straight...) I want to paint a self-portrait illegally on the side of an old warehouse. I want to slip invitations to a secret society under doors in the night. I want to dress up like a flapper and smoke through a cigarette-holder like Holly Golightly (though alas, I'm too health-conscious for that!). I want to read heavy-browed intellectual tomes on the beach and read trashy beach books in the library reading room. I want to chalk a message on a parking lot so big that airplanes can read it. I want to have a pen-pal to whom I can mail trinkets and oddities. I want to never get up unless I feel well-rested. I want to learn a foreign language solely by watching old unsubtitled films. I want to give a shiny red bike to a kid who doesn't have one. I want to invent an old-fashioned salon where all the great minds of my generation will gather. I want to start the next Beat Generation. I want to exchange the MoMA audio guides with my own commentary. I want to hitch-hike to San Francisco. I want to fall in love with someone who gets all my jokes and under-the-breath-mutterings. I want to read out on a fire escape like Francie Nolan. I want to meet Art Spiegelman. I want to take a nap.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jay said...

2400 ?
Thats like, reaaaaaally high, right ?
Congratulations

12:16 PM  
Anonymous oki said...

I would like to take a nap too.

sometimes I think I will take a chance and run to France, becuase sometimes I forget to be creative with my life, and it gets terribly boring and stifling.

not that France is a solution, it just seems like a fun and educational choice...
and I like their food.

1:42 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Thanks Jay. Yeah it's pretty alright.

Oki, I've wanted to run away to France as long as I've been a hopeless romantic, which is to say...since always. Let's do it.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Tn Tennessee House Cleaning said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
I was in love with your ky kentucky house cleaning blog site.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home