Friday, May 20, 2005

I took a long nap this afternoon and I had the most upsetting nightmare imaginable. I remember I was just filled with despair over the incident and thinking that I could no longer live here, I'd have to run away and live always haunted by the terrible memory of what had happened. In fact, when my dad tried to wake me up I was so distraught and upset that I just felt like I wanted to sleep forever--because I was still half-asleep so I thought the nightmare was real--and I didn't want to get up and face my terrible future, so I stayed asleep much longer, unintentionally extending this horrible experience.

When I finally woke up, I was sweaty and on the verge of tears. It was the most awful nightmare I've ever had, indeed I cannot imagine anything worse. It probably sounds like I'm exaggerating, especially since I'm not saying what the nightmare was about. Honestly, I just don't want to repeat it. I would never wish it on anyone. I rarely remember my dreams and I haven't had a nightmare for ages, but nevertheless I usually find it a little silly when people remain upset about nightmares even after they know they weren't true. I'm a hypocrite then, I guess. I almost don't want to go to sleep tonight.

(Remember in that Roald Dahl book The BFG, how the Big Friendly Giant would send dreams and nightmares to people? I don't know why, but I keep on thinking of that...)

Anyway, whew.

The other rather strange occurrence that happened today was in English class. For some reason we started talking about the Oedipus Complex and then the Electra Complex, which led us to Freud's idea of "penis-envy" and other such awkward and fairly vulgar topics. It was very, very awkward. (Sorry for the anti-climactic anecdote right there.)

Hm, this was a very lame blog post. Ah well, have a nice weekend my dears.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mt Montana House Cleaning said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Please go over my mi michigan house cleaning blog.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home