Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I should mention that I wrote the below post during French class today, while referring to some printouts of Glenn McDonald's reviews that I'd brought with me. I had my lined paper and printouts spread out and I was industriously scribbling away, biting my lip from time to time or crossing something out. Occasionally I would raise my hand and add something constructive to the class discussion.

Anyway, this is one of the many ways I keep myself entertained during those long dull hours. (The girl next to me peered over my shoulder. "What are you writing?" she asked. I looked up. I had been rewriting part of the Medulla description. "Eh," I said.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jay said...

I can remember doing that in high school as well.
In college I noticed that I sometimes have to do it to keep my brain active, because listening to a lecturer was too one-sided; if I kept scribbling things while listening (like scribbles for websites etc.), my brain was more active and the whole lecture a lot more interesting and easier to remember.

Well, no surprise, as I engaged both my brain halfs to do some work.

6:40 AM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Yes, exactly! People think that if I'm drawing or doing something else in class, I'm not paying attention, but that's not it at all. Just like you said: keeping my brain active with other things helps me focus my brain on the class better as well.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home