Thursday, April 28, 2005

Yup, I have a song by Christina Aguilera (...and my indie cred goes down the drain, oh well)

I'm listening to comfort food music, like that song from Friends, "I'll Be There For You." This makes me happy. In fact, I have an entire playlist entitled Embarrassing Songs, which are songs that I can admit are total empty-calorie affairs, but that I nevertheless adore. These include the following:
  1. I'll Be There For You, the Rembrandts--Friends theme song, 'nuff said
  2. Roam, the B-52's--any time you're watching a cheesy movie set in Rome, this song is bound to come up
  3. Every Breath You Take, the Police
  4. Ven Conmigo (Solamente Tu), Christina Aguilera--that's right! We used to listen to this all the time in Spanish class and I still have a soft spot for it. Probably just because it brings back silly memories...
  5. Such Great Heights, the Postal Service
  6. Sexuality, Billy Bragg--okay, this one just because I feel embarrassed when I play it aloud. But his voice! ("I've had relitions, with gi'ls of many nitions")
  7. That Thing You Do, the Wonders--yup, from the movie. In my defense, though, Fountains of Wayne wrote it (!), and I unabashedly love those guys
  8. Hooked on a Feeling, Blue Swede--it kicks off with a rousing chorus of "ooga chucka, ooga chucka." Upon second thought, I really love this song, I don't even knows if it qualifies for the embarrassing list!
  9. Video Killed the Radio Star, the Buggles--the Buggles, c'mon! Those terrible '80's riffs!
  10. I Just Can't Wait to Be King, from the Lion King--I have this recording of it like sung by Simba, it's pretty much the cutest thing ever. Oh Disney.
Anyway, I'm sure everyone has embarrassing songs like this. Sometimes I'm about to play one and then I think, Oh no, Audioscrobbler will log it and record it for eternity! but right now I'm working my way through the playlist--how's that for defiance, eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger De Delaware House Cleaning said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
If your look to uncover information, please visit my ga georgia house cleaning blog

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home