Saturday, April 30, 2005

"To take drugs"

I was just doing some homework and my pencil reminded me of a funny anecdote: When I was in 6th grade I had to go through this mandatory anti-drug program (DARE) sponsored by my town's police department. Anyway, they gave us all sorts of anti-drug propaganda like t-shirts and mugs and balloons. They also gave us pencils that read, "DARE not to take drugs" or something like that. The only problem was, after you sharpened the pencil a bit it would just say "to take drugs," then "take drugs," and finally just "drugs." Oh my. (Of course I don't do any sort of drugs, but I'm sorry to say that the DARE program seems to have had no effect whatsoever on the population of my high school. Perhaps it was the misleading pencils that did it?)



Also, last night a couple friends and I rented the first season of "The Office" at the suggestion of a friend of mine. It was quite hilarious, though at times it made me wince. People like that boss don't exist in real life, do they?

God, I cannot imagine anything worse than spending my life working at an office like that. I promise that will never, ever happen to me. Never!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i used to work in a corporate setting like that

it actually isn't so bad. in fact i think that office/corporate all definitely a part of the american aesthetic that every american should experience some time

and it's pretty funny too

10:00 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Be it part of the American aesthetic or not, I really doubt it's something that I need to experience. I know that sounds pompous, but I would kill myself in a corporate setting like that. No creativity!

However, I can imagine there would be some humor to it. Who are you?

11:37 PM  
Anonymous canadian drug said...

Hi. I'm looking for information on drugs online and came across your site. Your post is not exactly what I was looking for but it has certainly grabbed my attention. I'm on tight budget and need drugs online. You never know where you can discover drugs online information that may just help improve our quality of life. Thank you.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous discount drugs said...

Prescripoin Drugs cost those without Insurance plans in the USA a fortune! Some states like Illinois, & Wisconson are making it legal for their residents to be able to get Prescription Drugs from Canada, at greatly reduced prices from pharmacies like drug store. Ofcourse the USA FDA is opposed to this, saying that the Drugs may not be up to the high FDA quality standards.Health Canada oversees the safety of drugs, and is roughly the equivalent of the FDA. People visit Canada and buy over the counter medications every day. Prescription drugs are no different. Meaning, they're perfectly safe from everything I can find on the subject (as well as my sister's family, who lives in Toronto). If you want to order from Canada, then it's a buyer beware market. There are internet sites that will happily rip you off. So, please use a registered pharmacy for your medications like for example drug store.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Ga Georgia House Cleaning said...

Exciting blog. The site out did itself and will be
back! I love surfing the internet for blogs that are
exactly like this blog.
I want you to stop and compare with my hi hawaii house cleaning blog.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home