Monday, March 21, 2005

Rolling the bottoms of my trousers

I found out today that I have no school on Friday because it’s Good Friday (and boy is it a good Friday!). I excitedly relayed this fact to an Indian friend of mine during class today and (remember she’s Hindi) she exclaimed, “Thank God for Jesus!”

That had me laughing for quite a bit.

And today in English class I was introduced to TS Eliot. Boy oh boy. I’m sure that I’m only perpetuating the stereotype of us English types as poetry-spouting, romantic, Dickens-loving nuts, but well. We are. Or at least I am. We listened to a recording of Eliot reading his first poem (I think it was called “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock”) and by the end, most of my class was groaning. “That was so long!” one kid exclaimed, “I timed it, it was ten minutes!” I’m sure that this will make any of you readers groan sarcastically and shake your heads at me, but I looked up surprised because it had felt like only a minute or two.

It was lovely. “Do I dare disturb the universe?” That was the best line. “The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the window-panes,” oh man. “I grow old…I grow old…I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.” I’ll stop, but really. How fantastic.

Incidentally, on a much techier note, I just found out that Yahoo! acquired Flickr. Hm. It reminds me of when rumors of such an acquisition were flying about a few weeks ago; in response, Flickr temporarily changed its logo to this:



Haha. I love those folks over at Flickr, yes I do.

There is much else I want to write about, but I am too busy this week! The work keeps piling up, and now I’ve got editor-in-chief duties at the school paper as well, which includes (among other things) the interviewing of 18 section editor candidates this week. I have a Religion midterm! Agh!

Thank you and have a good night.

3 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
Go by and hit my plastic surgery photo blog, you'll be glad you did.

8:28 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Incredible blog. I admired your site and I will be
back once again to view it! I use much of my spare
time searching for blogs like yours.
Stop by and visiit my plastic surgery st louis blog!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Ut Utah House Cleaning said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
Where you been? You have got to look at my ny new york house cleaning blog!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home