Sunday, February 06, 2005

Here's the xanga quiz; eat your hearts out

THREE THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. I never lie
2. I give people nicknames like “Tarzan” and “Tito Puente”
3. I can totally predict what’s going to happen next week on 24

THREE THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. If I start something but don’t finish it
2. How I get painfully shy around people I don’t know
3. The nail-biting

THREE PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
1. A tendency to sunburn
2. Drunkenness (hey, I’m allowed to stereotype the Irish because I’m one of them!)
3. To quote myself (heh), “James Joyce! Oscar Wilde! The Pogues!”

THREE THINGS YOU'RE AFRAID OF:
1. Public speaking
2. Becoming disillusioned and cynical
3. Without realizing it

THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
1. English Breakfast tea
2. My iPod
3. M., who makes me laugh until my ribs break

THREE THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
1. Myself out (ha, no)
2. Headphones
3. A ponytail

THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS (Even if they’re not the indie avant-garde):
1. The Beatles
2. Bob Dylan
3. Wilco

THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE SONGS AT PRESENT (which will be entirely different a week from now):
1. A New England, by Billy Bragg
2. Let Forever Be, by the Chemical Brothers
3. Ruby Tuesday, by the Rolling Stones

TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE (Can you guys guess?):
1. I often call people by their Spanish names even when we’re not in class (“Get over here, Alejandro!”)
2. I have been in a fistfight, but there was definitely provocation
3. I once gave my address to a middle-aged man I didn’t know—a huge lapse in judgement, I know, though there is a backstory

THREE THINGS YOU JUST CAN'T DO:
1. Take myself seriously when I’m getting my French accent on
2. Drive while I’m hungry—it distracts me
3. Stay angry at people

THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
1. Reading and writing (but not ‘rithmatic)
2. Making lists of what I need to do, and then figuring I’ve done enough work for the day
3. Painting

THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO REALLY BADLY RIGHT NOW:
1. Reread American Gods
2. Get some sugar into my blood
3. Take my contacts out

THREE NEW THINGS YOU WANT TO TRY IN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS.
1. To learn guitar
2. To start a magazine at my school that will make those school newspaper kids cry (um, after I traitorously abandon them)
3. Poker

THREE CAREERS YOU'RE CONSIDERING:
1. Writer
2. Explorer
3. Golddigger (ha, just kidding)

THREE PLACES YOU WANT TO GO ON VACATION:
1. Paris in the mid-1800’s
2. the Road
3. John Malkovich’s brain

THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Fall in love
2. Write a Great American Novel, or at least a great American novel
3. Slap hands with God, like in Six Degrees of Separation

THREE BLOGGERS WHO HAVE TO TAKE THIS QUESTIONNAIRE NOW OR DIE PAINFULLY:
1. I’m not much of a blog reader
2. Still not
3. And thanks for the death threat, Shakeer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home