Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Sick in bed, Love Actually, Dylan's Chronicles, Jansen's History of Art, Webby awards

I am typing this from my deathbed, and by deathbed I of course mean THE COUCH. I am very very sick, and have been since Monday. Why is it that being sick is never as fun as you remember it being? Seriously, the two most exciting parts of my day today were watching my mom's NYPD Blue off the Tivo and drinking ginger ale. Yeah, I'm bored out of my mind and I feel like crap and I keep on thinking about how much homework I'm going to have to make up when I get better. I didn't get up the strength to shower till this afternoon (that's no shower since Sunday, I felt like I was French). I can't make myself do anything except sleep, read sporadically, and watch bad movies or TV. And type this, apparently, but I'm not liking it.

Speaking of bad movies, my mom got Love Actually for me from the video store and, um, I did NOT love it, actually. It was really a horrible movie, which is hard to believe considering it contained Colin Firth (aka Mr. Darcy), Hugh Grant, and Liam Neeson. But go figure.

And speaking of books... my headache was too intense for me to read until today, but I read most of Bob Dylan's book Chronicles (I like it, but I'm glad it's no longer than its already-fairly-short length. It's interesting but not overbearing. Incidentally, why is the entire book written in bold?) and I've been reading bits of Jansen's History of Art--that is an amazing book. I mean incredible. I've been reading five, ten, fifteen pages a day and I figure I'll finish it in not too much time. It was my mom's in college, and it still has her college-girl highlighting and whatnot; I like it. V. is on hold because I can't find it. My brother went back to college and I hope he didn't take it with him like he did with Paradise Lost and Alice in Wonderland.

Ah yes, I just remembered; in my last post I mentioned how LONG and tedious the Oscar's acceptance speeches are, and today I remembered the Webby's. What, you may ask, exactly ARE the Webby's? They're geek awards given for best website and that type thing, and the acceptance speeches are limited to something like five words. I wonder what the actors would do if this were a new rule for the Oscars. Maybe they would go the long word route ("Antidisestablishmentarianism supercalifragilisticexplialidocious zoroastrianism...") or the short-but-sweet "thank you so very much" or the desperate "Mom, God, Academy, Hubby, thanks"--but then I suppose we'll never know.

Oh god my entire body is in pain. More later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better. Hmm, I had never heard of the webby's till just now. However, there are the Bloggies.

-desk003
desk003.com

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. I emailed you but you never IMed me or emailed back.

cameron (at) desk003 (dot) com
aim: desk003com
Y!: desk003com
MSN: desk003com

11:46 PM  
Blogger T.C. said...

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you. I haven't been doing much of anything on the internet for a while because I've been sick, so... As soon as I'm better, I'll try to get in touch with you. And yeah, the Webby's are cool.

--T.C.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home