Monday, January 03, 2005

Blogs, a somber note

Listening to Head Automatica's Brooklyn is Burning.

I want to start by linking to a few blogs that I've been looking at lately; I'm sure that they're nothing new in the blogosphere, but no matter. Dooce and Mimi Smartypants are both hilarious and well-written, and they feature li'l babies. Slashdot and Wired News both nourish my inner geek. Boing Boing is great as well. In addition to Wired News, old favorites that I still frequent are Kottke.org (um, also, I have a minor crush on Jason Kottke) and Neil Gaiman's blog (if you've ever read my blog before, you know I am obsessed with all things Neil). So. I have a feeling that none of you will ever return to my humble blog now that I've referred you to seven much better blogs, but oh well. Just spreading the love.

Listening to the Beatles's Dig a Pony.

On a more serious note, I may not post for the next few days or the next week because of a family crisis. My younger sister, B., is clinically depressed but takes medicine for it, so she's generally fine, if abnormally cynical. Today, however, I found out (vaguely) when I got home from school that she's been having suicidal thoughts and so my dad is bringing her to the hospital. It may be a rare side effect of the depression medication or...god knows what. She's so young. I can barely think about it. I don't know what to do to help her.

I'm sorry. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home