Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Amazon Light, graffiti kerning, Google Suggest, Harry Potter release date, a graphic school book

Listening to Oasis's Don't Look Back in Anger.

First off, a few random vechshes... Amazon Light is a perversion of Amazon.com with a cleaner interface and useful links (to places like Gmail and Netflix). On this graffiti at Parsons design school, someone warned the defacer to "watch your kerning"--that makes me happy. Also, I just kind of assume that you all share my love and rhapsody for Google Suggest, the latest brainchild of Google-boys Brin and Page.

For the best news of all, JK Rowling has officially FINISHED Harry Potter 6 (HP and the Half Blood Prince) and the release date has been announced as July 16th. If you, like myself, are an HP addict and feel the need to sift through JKR's clues to find the news for yourself, here's how: Go to JKR's website, click on the hair elastic on her desk, click on the Christmas tree in the mirror (to make the door open), click on the right-most gift, answer the riddle, continue clicking on the gifts/riddles from right to left, then finally click on the Christmas card with the star on it. Have fun!

And I guess that's all for now. I finished Kavalier and Clay and it was brilliant (surprise, surprise). I also finished Canterbury Tales and I didn't like it at all; in addition (though this was not a main proponent of my dislike for the CT), a lot of the writing (especially the Wife of Bath's) was quite sexually explicit. Weird for a school book.

Listening to Bruce Springsteen's I Wanna Marry You (aww).

1 Comments:

Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
Stop by and visiit my oh ohio house cleaning blog!

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home