Monday, November 29, 2004

What's on my iPod, part 3

Ah, it's the highly-anticipated latest edition of What's On My iPod. Here goes:

Heart of Gold, by Neil Young
Maybe I'm Amazed, by Paul McCartney
Fell in Love with a Boy (White Stripes cover), sung by Joss Stone
Take a Walk on the Wild Side, by Lou Reed
Stephanie Says, by the Velvet Underground
House of Savages, by the Walkmen
Dancing in the Dark, by Bruce Springsteen
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, by Bob Dylan
Hesitating Beauty, by Wilco and Billy Bragg (lyrics by Woody Guthrie)
Sunset City, by the Magnetic Fields
Popular Mechanics for Lovers, by Beulah
Congratulations, by the Traveling Wilburys
Someone Else's Story, from the musical Chess
I Don't Like Mondays (Boomkats cover, I think), sung by Tori Amos
Buddy Holly, by Weezer
Fly, by Sugar Ray
Police and Thieves, by the Clash
Christ for President, by Wilco and Billy Bragg (lyrics by Woody Guthrie)
Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, by Paul Simon
It's Hard to be a Saint in the City, by Bruce Springsteen
I Don't Believe You, by the Magnetic Fields
Biomusicology, by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Smile Like You Mean It, by the Killers
Handle With Care, by the Traveling Wilburys
Saturday Morning, by the Eels
The Fairest of the Seasons, by Nico
Float On, by Modest Mouse
Heart of Glass, by Blondie
You and Me and the Moon, by the Magnetic Fields
Maybe I'm Amazed (Paul McCartney cover, of course), sung by Jem
Wonderwall, by Oasis

Whew, that was an exhaustive list. Clearly I need to do this more frequently. Bye all; I'm almost done with The Sun Also Rises and I want to finish the now-slightly-tedious The Scar. And set the table.

But before I go: did you see this creepy article? Although suicide is NOT funny, the deranged girl's "Ode to Suicide" really cracked me up.

And here are some funny "condensed books" from The Guardian; I especially like the Harry Potter one.

1 Comments:

Blogger De Delaware House Cleaning said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
You must peep out my in indiana house cleaning blog.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home