Thursday, November 25, 2004

Oddments

Listening to Joni Mitchell's Carey.

Today's Thanksgiving, and I'm feeling very peaceful and relaxed and thankful. I fried some stuffing for breakfast and read the Arts section with my coffee--my favorite morning routine, which I don't always have time for on school-days. I was also skimming through a little book of 738 (or some such odd number) of Annoying Things that my Grandma brought over and I was reading various annoyances aloud to my sister. They were very funny--things that you never think about, like "When people exaggerate the danger involved in picking up a piece of broken glass" and "When you break something in someone else's house, and the host doesn't attempt to comfort you by saying that it was already broken or he never really liked that thing anyway." Heh.

Yesterday my brother slept until 5:00 at night. That's right, 17 hours of sleep, GAWD.

And on the book front: The Scar is...okay. I'm about half-way through, but I've had it for much longer than it usually takes me to get through books. It's a good story, but I can't seem to get really engrossed in it. I keep taking breaks to read A Clockwork Orange and Macbeth (both of which I've now finished) and to re-read bits of American Gods. I just don't love it, but I hate stopping mid-way through a book, especially when I've read more than a couple hundred pages. I've already INVESTED in it...we'll see.

Listening to Raised on Robbery (also Joni). Love zat song.

4 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
In my spare time I will look for your plastic surgery fort worth blog.

11:34 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Excellent blog.  I go though the web in search of
blogs like this one. Its so good, that I plan on
returning to its site!
Please proceed to my plastic surgery breast implant blog when you find the time.

4:11 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
finding blogs as good as your site.
Check out the blog site with my plastic surgery cost in it!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
Hey son, you need to check out my nj new jersey house cleaning blog!

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home