Friday, November 12, 2004

A Mighty Wind, book stacks, Bridget Jones's Diary

Just about to watch A Mighty Wind. The comedy troupe in it are the same people who made Waiting for Guffman and Best in Show, both of which were hilarious. I think that they may also have been involved in This Is Spinal Tap, but I'm not sure.

A nice afternoon, except that I'm still somewhat sick. I've mostly been rereading A Clockwork Orange, doing math homework, drinking tea, and watching The OC. The OC is, by the way, an AWFUL show. Except for Seth, the nerdy kid. It's actually gotten to the point where I Tivo the show, then fast-forward to only the scenes that Seth is in, and watch those. Consequently, I have no idea what's going on in the so-called "plot" of the show; rather, I just nourish my crush on Seth Cohen.

I have to get The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay out of the library; it looks excellent. But first I have to finish Orange and The Scar and Macbeth. Oh, bugger...I'll probably just end up getting it out anyways and adding YET ANOTHER book to my stack. Ah well.

Did I mention that last night I watched Bridget Jones's Diary with B.? It was quite hilarious, though exactly the same story as Pride and Prejudice--even down to the sexy-character-played-by-Colin-Firth named Mr. Darcy. Have you all seen the A&E 6-hour-long adaptation of Pride and Prejudice? It's great. But anyway, my favorite line in Bridget Jones was at the very end, when Bridget and Mr. Darcy finally realize they love each other and kiss in the street.

Mid-kiss, Bridget breaks away and looks up at Colin. "Wait a minute. Nice boys don't kiss like this."

Colin looks down at Bridget and then says in a very passionate-husky-and-sexy-voice: "Oh yes they fucking do."

Then back to the kiss, and fade away to end credits. Swoon. I want someone to say that to ME, except that then I would be stuck kissing someone who quotes Bridget Jones's Diary, so...maybe not. Oops, the movie is starting. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home