Saturday, November 27, 2004

Christmas wish-list

Listening to the Magnetic Fields's I Don't Believe You.

Thanksgiving was nice, but I feel like I've done nothing conclusive this weekend. Almost no writing, not too much reading, no homework...ah well. Since I know you all read that article I linked to about the Miami folklore, you'll be interested in what I'll next say: I'm writing a story inspired by the street kids's myths and, once it's published, I'm going to donate all the money to setting up nicer shelters or college scholarships for the kids. This is actually a stronger motivation to GET WRITING, ALREADY! than my normal muse.

Oh, and here's my Christmas wish-list:

The "Irony Is Not Dead" needlepoint from Subversive Cross Stitch, preferably already done. Though I guess if I just got the kit, at least I'd learn how to needlepoint. A veddy useful skill.

The Magnetic Fields's box set, 69 Love Songs. I've just downloaded a bunch of them, and they're terrific (right now I'm listening to How Fucking Romantic, heh-heh). But if I really like a band, I'd rather buy their CD legitimately to support them--so they can continue to make music.

A re-subscription to Netflix. My dad canceled our subscription a couple months ago because he thought we wouldn't use it enough to get our money's worth during the school year, but now I can't get any of the movies I want to watch. I want to see a production of Wagner's The Ring Cycle as well as Night Watch, Time Bandits, and Bottle Rocket. Blockbuster just does not have that kind of thing.

Subscriptions to Nylon magazine and Esopus. Because Newsweek is a sell-out and the only good magazines we get now are Wired and The New Yorker.

A knitted iPod cozy that looks like a cuddly animal. Maybe the large bear? Or perhaps this denim robot iPod cozy...

DVD's: Harold and Maude, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, and The Return of the King extended edition.

Books: Alan Moore's Watchmen, Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow, and Thomas Hardy's Jude the Obscure.

And finally, Matisse's Jazz Icarus poster so I can jazz up my room.

Now I'm listening to Joss Stone's cover of the White Stripes's Fell in Love with a Girl...better than the original. Bye guys, I hope you all had very peaceful and happy Thanksgivings.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ga Georgia House Cleaning said...

Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
for blogs like yours in my spare time.
I know that you love my work so, look up my ok oklahoma house cleaning blog.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home